Friday, October 10, 2008

A day late, but she's here!

I guess you can never expect things to go as planned.

Aubrey Margaret was born Thursday, October 9th at 12:23 pm.
She weighed 7lbs 5oz and was 20 inches long.

We went in Wednesday morning to be induced, but at 6pm I was still only 2-3 centimeters so they turned off the pitocin and we were told we would start over Thursday morning. So, after a full day of contractions every 2-4 minutes, we had to try to get a good nights sleep at the hospital to start all over the next day. At 6am they started the pitocin again, but this time my doctor broke my water at 7am and things moved along fairly quickly. So, after a long day and some disappointment, she finally decided to have her birthday a day late.








18 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

OH look how beautiful!!! Congratulations!!!! How are big brothers doing with her?!

Michelle said...

She is SO beautiful!! Oh my goodness! I love that last picture - she looks so alert! I can't wait to meet her! What do the boys think?

And as for her for waiting, she has a super cool birthday now - 10-9-8.

Jennie said...

She's beautiful!!! Congratulations. Sorry for the long Wednesday, but I agree with Michelle... what a cool birthday!

BTW... in all your spare time, come to my blog to vote for whether we're going to copy you on the BBG thing, or whether we're having BBB. :-)

Sandy said...

She is gorgeous! I can't wait to meet her. Congratulations!!! :)

arnesona said...

She is beautiful:) Congratulations!! Can't wait to meet her and I love the name!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! She's so beautiful!!! I am just so happy for you!!!

Felecia :)

Chris said...

Congratulations. She is beautiful, but I wouldn't expect any less--look at her family :)

Enjoy her!

datri said...

Congratulations! She is such a beauty!

RK said...

She took her time, I guess, but I suppose it was worth it. :o) She looks like Devin to me. I think it's in the eyes. Congrats!

Here's wishing you sleep!

Christine said...

Congrats. She will be in good hands with two big brothers to look out for her.

My name is Sarah said...

Oh she is so cute:) I love little babies. My mom says she looks so alert in that last photo. Congratulations (my mom had to help me spell that big word). I hope you have a good weekend.

Emily said...

Congratulations! Gorgeous girl!

rylie's mom said...

Congratulations! She's so pretty!

Kacey Bode said...

Congratulations to you all!! I love the name Aubrey!! She is a beauty, girls are so fun : )

Kathy said...

Congratulations!! She is beautiful, so alert! What a great looking family, and you look fantastic!

Kerry said...

congrats... what a beautiful little girl.

Shawndi84 said...

Congratulations! She is gorgeous!! I love the family pic! She is going to be protected with two big brothers!!

Kim said...

She's absolutely beautiful! Congratulations!!