Thursday, June 12, 2008

Even more angry...

Well, we went to the ped this afternoon. When the doctor came into the room, he thought we were there for possible allergies. I had to tell him I was told to come in ASAP because of the result of Logan's thyroid test. Right away, he said that he did not remember the number being too high or low. He looked through Logan's file and found that it did go up...from 4.?? to 6.??, but it was not outside the normal range. He thinks that the nurse misunderstood and thought that we needed to come in, but instead he just wanted to retest at 15 months. He apparently couldn't find the note that said I was contacted and needed to come in. He did feel bad and wished he could figure out which nurse had made the mistake. So, we drove 70 miles total for nothing, but we got good news, for now anyway, about his thyroid. We did end up getting a prescription for Claritin for his allergies and the doctor got to see how miserable he is. He will have to be on his neb treatments and claritin and hopefully he will be feeling better. Thank God for mileage reimbursement!!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh Mel, that's so frustrating. I'm sorry you had such a run around - but hopefully now Logan will have some relief from his allergies.

We're hoping to go to playdate on Saturday - see you there?

Chris said...

Great news about the thyroid! Sorry you had to make a needless journey to get the good news.

Mary said...

Wow, that is ridiculous! I would be peeved too. Glad to hear it wasn't bad news!

Bethany said...

So at what point do they start treating? I have hypothyroidism and I thought anything over 4ish was abnormal? Actually, the more I read I have learned that even at 4 you aren't really feeling right. They keep me medicated :) between 1 and 2 I think. Hopefully it doesn't keep going up, but I'd even watch 6, as much of a pain as it is.