Sunday, August 10, 2008

Fun with Devin

Devin is really at a fun age now where he can do so many things for the first time! This has made this summer a blast for him and also for me. I love watching him try new things, especially when he likes them and tells me how much fun he had. This summer he has gotten to try so many things like fishing, gymnastics, water slides, bowling, farmer's markets, scavenger hunts and swimming under water.

Here are some recent pics of what Devin has been up to and let you in on how much fun he is!!

We took him bowling for the first time yesterday. He loved it and asked if we could bowl in our basement at home. This is a rare pic of me....I don't enjoy seeing myself so prego.




Here he is enjoying his pink ball! Daddy was proud of his selection. Devin has a thing for pink! I think it's cute.


Logan helped us keep score. (I can't wait to take Logan bowling!!!)




Watch out!! This next pic is a bit scary, but it is typical Devin! Silly boy! He got the teeth from a picnic at his Great Grandma's nursing home...yes, they gave the kids fake teeth!




Here is a pic from the picnic with Great Grandma.



Devin has turned into a fish over the summer. I wasn't a big fan of having a pool, but after realizing how hot it was going to be this summer, I decided to get one. It has turned out to be a great thing for the whole family. Logan loves the water and Devin swims almost everyday. I was afraid it would be a lot to take care of, but it has really been easy!!

When Devin first started going under the water it scared me A LOT, but I have had to get used to it. That's all he does now is go under over and over. He dives down for toys and does all sorts of flips and stuff under the water. It always makes me nervous, but I guess I just need to let go a little. He is growing up whether I like it or not.


2 comments:

Holly said...

I've came across your blog through another blog awhile back and have really enjoyed reading it. Your kids are so cute! I have 3 boys myself. I just had to comment when I saw that Devin likes pink. My 4 year old, Matthew, says his favorite color is pink. I've assured my husband that there is nothing to be worried about. Pink is a pretty color and so why shouldn't he like it?! :)

Sandy said...

Devin is growing up so fast! I can't believe it. I love video of him swimming!