Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Place for Baby

Finally, with only 5 weeks to go, I have found a place for the baby. I wasn't going to kick Logan out of his crib, which he has only been sleeping in for a few months (before that in his carseat). He now loves his crib and sleeps really well in it. I was going to put the new baby in a pack and play, but she would be in it too long. I plan to leave Logan in his crib until he can climb out. Who knows how long that will be?? So, I went out and got another crib yesterday and put it in the room with Logan's crib. It feels good to have a place for her. It also makes everything very real! Until now, nothing in our house indicated a girl was on her way, but now, everytime I see the pink stuff, I am reminded how soon she will be here. Also, I have never been a pink kind of person. I can't believe what I picked out. I had planned to use the neutral crib bedding I have for all of my kids. I have to admit, it was fun! So, Logan and baby will share a room until Logan gets out of his crib. Then, Logan will move into the boys room with the bunk bed. I never would have thought that I would have two babies at one time. Logan is still so little to me, but I'm sure that will change when we meet the new baby.

Baby girl's side of the room:
Logan's side of the room:

9 comments:

Kerry said...

The room is beautiful!!

Sandy said...

I love the pink! Isn't it so much fun! :)

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

I love all the pink! Does baby girl have a name?!

Kacey Bode said...

I LOVE the bedding you picked out, pink and brown together are my favorite. I hated pink but as soon as Ella was born I became obsessed!! Girls are so different : )

I have the same plan for Ella, stay in a crib till she can climb out, so far so good though she is becoming quite the monkey. Fortunatley she is too short to climb out!!!

Jennie said...

So cute! At this point we're planning to put Micah's crib in Nathan's room when #3 arrives. I hadn't thought of just adding a crib to the baby's room. Not as much room in there, but it might help ease the transition for Nathan getting another sibling so soon. Hm.

Anonymous said...

I love the baby girl stuff! The pink and brown is my favorite! Have fun with all the frills and lace!
Melissa

Pam said...

WAY cute!! I was never a pink person either, and after I had my first two boys I was really excited to have a girl.

After I had Chloee and the nurses took her and bathed her, they brought her back in, and I looked at her from her little clear container that she was in and said...."What's in her HAIR?!?!"

The nurse looked at me like I was an alien and said, "Um, a bow....is that okay?"

I just started laughing. Geeze all I knew was boys, who knew that you could glue a bow onto a head!!

Moral of the story...."Be prepared for a bow in the hospital!!" ;)

Seriously though, I can't wait to see pictures when baby girl makes her arrival!!

Chris said...

Seeing all that pink is getting me so excited for you!

Girls are great!

I must admit having a little guy is pretty fun too though!

She'll be here before you know it!

Rick & Amy said...

I love the room - it is adorable